One of the goals of our fifth and sixth grade is to transition the fifth graders into the middle school, face-paced, setting, and mindset. The sixth graders become mentors to the fifth graders, helping make this transition easier. High academic standards are upheld and expected, helping the students to continue that transition on from elementary school to middle school.
- Memory – Memory packets handed out each quarter.
- Literature Circles – students are given the choices of three or four books, placed into Lit. circles accordingly, and then assign their own reading assignments based on the due date provided. Lit. groups meet throughout each week, discussing the readings thus far, and specific concepts prepared by the classroom teacher. Final projects are given at the end each book study.
- Science Fair – 5th – 8th graders take part in the Science Fair every other year.
- P.E. – 5th and 6th graders participate in Physical Education classes twice a week. (Taught by Mr. Scott Pieratt)
- Computers – 5th and 6th graders have Computer classes twice a week. (Taught by Mr. Scott Pieratt)